Posted 1 month ago
Supervise project staff, provide technical guidance on work assignments, independently perform major segments of engagement, act as liaison between project staff and project manager, and perform assigned tasks related to the engagement. The Senior Auditor will support the client’s overall effort to become FIAR compliant.
- Review and evaluate computer-based systems, audit general and application controls in complex information technology environments and perform other duties relevant to the engagement.
- Analyze legacy systems for compliance to OSD FIAR Guidance
- Analyze software systems and document requirements per FIAR methodology.
- Conduct assessments and Identify weaknesses
- Propose/test/implement solutions
- Coordinate efforts with financial statement audit resources and other integrated process teams focused on improving client’s back-office operations including contracting, supply chain/asset management, and human resources
- Participate in FISCAM related activities such as evaluating Access, Security, Configuration Management, Segregation of Duties, Contingency, and Business Application controls.
- Assist in presentations within required review and approval processes.
- Assist with “assertion” packages (provide assurance it works) for any system changes.
- Assist program and project personnel in the Financial Management Process within life cycle management of specified systems.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility and conformity to standards for procedures, guides, templates and forms.
- Effectively communicate with program and project personnel conveying expertise in a format that can be understood and is accepted by all personnel.
- Extensive working knowledge of NIST 800-53 and DoD information system security guidance, processes, and methodologies required.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in financial systems across the organization.
- Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other technical field from an accredited college or university with at least 24 semester hours in accounting.
- Continuing Professional Education in accordance with the Yellow Book.
- Minimum of 4 years of audit, accounting, or financial and management advisory services experience. Proficient knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, federal regulations, guidelines, standards and concepts, or other relevant industry practices pertaining to the engagement.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of system-oriented audit experience (BLUE-BOOK, FISCAM, FISMA) with two
years’ experience required.
- Knowledge of System Implementation Audit with two years’ experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite products required.
- Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets,
graphs, and flow charts required.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment required.
- Excellent understanding of organizational goals and objectives desired.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Normal working hours will be an eight (8) hour day, five (5) days per week (Monday – Friday 8AM-5PM).
- Occasional work support during other than normal hours (i.e., evening and weekend to meet deadlines).
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.