BMx FoS · Montgomery , Alabama
Maxwell AFB, Gunter Annex, Montgomery, AL
The Database Analyst/Programmer will support the operation and maintenance of enterprise-level Air Force aircraft communications, equipment maintenance, and training simulation systems. The applicant will maintain the integrity, security, and availability and ensure the highest level of system performance for multiple databases to include locally-hosted, cloud-hosted, and cloud-based versions.
- Performs Oracle SQL server, Azure SQL server and application server administration
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and data monitoring
- Develops full life-cycle management plans for locally-hosted, cloud-hosted and cloud-based databases
- Develops data migration plans to transition databases into cloud-based environments
- Performs database migration activities to include base-line data assessments, data replication and migration, data and data structure testing
- Prepares detailed reports and other documentation on database status and technical support and migration efforts
- Creates risk migration plans for database management and migration efforts
- Reviews technical change proposals to determine effects on integrity and security of database
- Participants in technical interchange meetings, design sessions, and unit testing efforts
- Helps foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing standard methodologies, and building positive relationships
- 5+ years related database administration experience
- Self-driven with the ability to manage workload without direct supervision
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and act to minimize their impact
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies, tools, and processes in an operational environment
- Experience executing within a customer-centric environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
HS diploma with 9 years’ IT experience
Associates with 7 years’ IT experience
Bachelors with 5 years’ IT experience
Must obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance
Must maintain DOD 8570 required certification, CompTIA Security+ or equivalent
Must be able to work onsite as needed at government or contractor facility locations
Must be compliant with DOD vaccination policies
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Competitive health care package, vision, and dental, training expense, competitive PTO and Holidays.
3 Squared Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.