Resource will work as a team member within OIT’s Office of Systems Administration and will provide operations management services and support to include physical and VMware server design, integration, administration, and management of multiple Active Directory domains. Resource contracted under the SOW should also have an advanced technical understanding of the primary underlying technologies of the State of Alabama including Microsoft Windows Server OS, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, VMware server virtualization, and SAN infrastructures. This includes:
• Installing and configuring new servers as well as upgrading and configuring existing servers using established procedures, security and operational requirements.
• Administration of all aspects of a multiple domain Active Directory infrastructure.
• Administration of multiple VMware environments.
• Administration of multiple backup environments, including on-prem and cloud environments.
• Administration of SSL certificates.
• Work with Azure and on-prem DNS to create and update zones and records.
• Administration and troubleshooting of OIT’s Office 365 environment and related on-premise servers (MFA, ADFS, etc..).
• Administration of various other systems/technologies, such as, mobile device management (Intune), RightFax, SCCM, MIM, various VOIP applications and the underlying technologies (VIS, OFIS, LDAP, etc.)
• Ensure alignment with OIT security standards
• Documenting and tracking hardware and software changes as well as documenting risks and issues. • Monitor systems for hardware and software performance issues.
• Actively assisting OIT staff on project tasks
• Project reporting and other administrative duties as assigned or needed.
Knowledge in administration of Active Directory, Windows servers, Azure, Office 365 and VMware.
3+ years of experience in Systems Administration with focus on Active Directory management and VMware experience.
Ability to work with other team members to perform administrative functions but also possess the ability to work independently when needed.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with an Information Systems degree or equivalent experience
Candidate must meet State of Alabama hire eligibility requirements.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
-Please note there are 2 positions.