Services Description: The Alabama Medicaid Agency (AMA) is preparing for a major transition from a monolithic system with 14 different business functions to an interoperable, modular system based on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This multi-year Medicaid Enterprise Modularity project will include working with multiple vendors and may include multiple project methodologies. The project must comply with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services standards and requirements such as the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), Medicaid Enterprise Certification Lifecycle (MECL), Outcomes Based Certification and the Medicaid Enterprise Certification Toolkit (MECT). The first Vendor has already joined the project as the PMO vendor. This Vendor is responsible for defining requirements, managing the project, defining the Medicaid enterprise and organizational change management. To support this effort, AMA is seeking a Test Manager to support the MES Modularity project. The Test Manager will be responsible for the success of the Alabama Medicaid Agency, Medicaid Enterprise Systems testing program. The Test Manager will be responsible for planning, procuring testing services, vendor management, and the overall test effectiveness of the program.
• Experience in creating, implementing and assessing an Enterprise Test Strategy
• Experience developing software tests for functional, performance and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements.
• knowledge of testing Web-based applications.
• Strong test planning and test case development skills.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle.
• Good understanding of Software Design Patterns.
• Good understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Ability to successfully collaborate with other test teams for testing individual modules and end to end testing for the enterprise solution.
• Collaborate with SMEs to scope opportunities, identify constraints, and help mitigate risks specifically but not limited to testing.
• Knowledge of version control software.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Work with multiple vendors as well as in-person or virtual teams. • Understanding of multiple project methodologies
• Experience in all phases of the standard project management life cycle, CMS MITA, MECT, OBC and MECL.
• Automated testing experience
• Project management experience
• Strong interpersonal skills to build team rapport
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction from State or other team members. • Ability to work under pressure / to a deadline.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• 3 – 5 Years of systems development, testing and/or business experience with 3 of the years specifically in testing
• 3 – 5 Years of experience as a test manager
• 2 – 3 years of experience with multi-vendor projects
• 2 – 3 years of experience on Medicaid or Major Health Care Payer projects
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for a degree.
Candidate will work 100% onsite in Montgomery, AL. This position has the possibility of converting to merit. Position does not offer sponsorship.