The Alabama Medicaid Agency (AMA) is preparing for a major transition from a monolithic system with 14 different business functions to an interoperable, modular system based on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This multi-year “Modularity” project will include working with multiple vendors and may include multiple project methodologies. The project must comply with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services standards and requirements such as the Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), Medicaid Enterprise Certification Lifecycle (MECL), and the Medicaid Enterprise Certification Toolkit (MECT). The first Vendor to join the project will be the PMO vendor. This Vendor will be responsible for defining requirements, managing the project, defining the Medicaid enterprise and organizational change management. To support this effort, the AMA is seeking an experienced Project Analyst to be a member of the Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) team. Although the vendors will be responsible for developing most of the project documents, the Project Analyst will be responsible for the coordination and communication associated with the deliverables. This position will work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) vendor. Must work normal 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM hours on- site in Montgomery AL.
• Perform standard project functions such as creating documents or presentations, schedule meetings, produce meeting minutes, disburse reports, track artifacts, issues and action items, etc.
• Interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts. • Work with multiple vendors as well as in-person or virtual teams.
• Understanding of multiple project methodologies
• Experience all phases of the standard project management life cycle, CMS MITA, MECT and MECL. • Act as Quality Assurance for all artifacts
• Assist with CMS reporting and certification process
• Maintain project assets, communications and track items to completion. • Notifying the entire project team about abnormalities or variances
• Expert/Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office products including MS Project and SharePoint
• Strong interpersonal skills to build team rapport • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction from State or other team members. • Ability to work under pressure / to a deadline.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Exceptional research and reporting skills.
• 3 – 5 Years of experience as a Project Analyst or assisting Project Managers • 1 – 2 years of Experience with multi-vendor projects
• 2 – 3 years of experience on Medicaid or Major Health Care Payer projects • 3 – 5 years of experience as a technical writer
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, technical writing, business administration or other related field. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for a degree.
-Candidate will work 100% onsite in Montgomery, AL.
-This position has the possibility of converting to merit. Position does not offer sponsorship.